Driver and Passenger
$3200.00 No Refunds
5 Day 4 Night Baja Expedition
New for 2023 - Off the Grid Expeditions is proud to bring you a whole new adventure, "Baja Uncharted" This new series of action packed adventures will take you way beyond the normal. A trip designed for the "adventurous thrill seekers" most days will consist of about 200 miles of driving and with limited stopping on trail. Our goal is to explore this amazing peninsula with Big Days and with Big Miles!!! This is not for the rookies !!!
6:00am. We'll be crossing the Tecate border crossing into Baja and hitting the trail running hard a fast. We plan on doing over 200 miles for day 1. The driving terrain will consist of fast paced trails with some technical rock sections. The first trail of the day will take us through Sierra De Juarez mountain range. This is some of the most spectacular scenery in Baja. From pine forests to desert oasis, these trails will let you get your grove down. Our first refueling will be in Ojos Negros, then heading Southeast into the mountains for some more epic trails. Lunch will be pre-ordered so no time will be wasted as we get into San Matias. After lunch our journey will continue toward San Felipe through the El Diablo dry lake and into the deep sand-washed and famous San Felipe whoops. Day 1 will be long and very eventful to say the least.
San Felipe to Catavina. Leaving San Felipe we'll cross though the mountains into Amerillas wash and south to the famous Matomi wash. Day 2 will definitely call out for 4wheel drive and good wheel placement as the washes are littered with rocks that could potentially become fatal to your tires….. I'm sure we'll have some shenanigans in the rocks but that's what Baja is all about! After battling the rocks we'll have a gorgeous drive down the Sea of Cortez. The views will be breath taking. Lunch and fuel on day 2 will be at Gonzaga Bay. Don't over eat, because we have saved the best for last - this small crossover route perfectly named the Tractor trail will take us from Hwy 5 over onto Hwy 1. It is more correct to say steep, rocky and cliff hanging trails or goat trails. Day 2 will end in Catavina at the Mission Hotel.... This will be a long day for sure, the terrain and trails will definitely test both man a machine...
Catavina to San Quintin - Catavina is one of the most desolate but yet gorgeous places in Baja. The rock formations and amazing cactus fields are something you'll be taking about for years to come. The fast high speed trails while drifting around the Dr Seuss cactus is nothing short of amazing. Refueling in El Rosario we will change direction and head to Punta San Carlos Norte for a beautiful loop around North Cativina. We'll stop at the La Lobera ( magnificent sea lion crater) located on the Pacific Ocean Before heading in to San Quintin for night 2..... staying at the Old Mill and having diner at Occtillipto restaurant, we'll have a chance to tell stories of the days before.
San Quintin to Ensenada - Baja is never complete with out driving up the Pacific Beach... inches from the ocean, day 4 will consist of driving up the Pacific for most of the day. The Pacific route is also the Baja 1000 race course. So you'll have the true experience of what these offroad race truck drivers drive. We'll have some more amazing sights along the way and stop for lunch on the beach. While pushing the big mile days, night driving on any stage of this Baja Uncharted Expedition is expected. The last stage for Day 4 will be heading into mountains and routing over to Ensenada and staying at the Horse Power Ranch. Day 4 will be long with about 200 miles planned but it is fast and a very beautiful route.
Ensenada to Tecate - Our adventure is almost over but not to worry as our last day consists of about 100 miles back up the Sierra De Juarez mountain range. Once we get to the border we'll cross into the US and back to the secure parking lot. We'll say our good byes 'till next time.
So what's included on this 5 day adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails from the border every step of the way.
· The entire 5 day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide the group. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you may encounter along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
Medical support on trail
· On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! We can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
Minimum of 2 spare belt
Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
·VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system.
Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
Lunch and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$3200- includes 2 participants (Driver and Passenger)
All accommodations for 4 days and 4 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff. Media coverage.
-Additional Passenger $550.00
* Too register for this event please fill out the form above.
Ready to go Off The Grid?