Chupacabra UTV Baja Ride
Pre Booking January 2024
4 Days 3 Nights
All UTV manufactures welcome
Driver and Passenger
$500.00 deposit pre book
$2500.00 Trip price
The adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing, where we all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side, behind the border crossing. This is a secure patrolled lot, where you can leave your tow vehicle for the weekend. Once we do a quick meet and greet and fuel up, we'll cross the international border together. PLEASE NOTE : you must have current original registration and insurance for your UTV to get into Baja.
Day 1 Welcome to Baja.
Heading East through the Sierra Juarez Mountains, our first ride will be roughly 80 miles on entry level trials, allowing you to adapt to the Baja terrain. What starts out on mountain trail soon cascades into pine trees and fast, windy trails which your UTV will fly through! We'll come to our first stop in the small Baja town of Ojos Negros. There we will refuel and indulge ourselves in some delicious tacos for lunch. You will also have a chance to pick up beverages and ice at this point. As we leave Ojos with full bellies and gas tanks, our route will take us back into the mountains of Sierra Juarez for some sideways-drifting fast-paced trails. We will climb in elevation as we weave through the mountains once again. After several rights, lefts and cattle guards, the way will open up to smooth, fast paced trails often used by Baja race organizations - giving you a great idea of what some of the race terrain is like. The route will run about 75 miles to Valle La Trinidad, and just before you drop out on to the Hwy the famous Goat Trail will need to be navigated. What at first looks very overwhelming with giant rocks, ruts off camber drops - this is where you'll put your trust in your UTV and let it do all the work.
As we go through Valle LA Trinidad we top off the tanks with fuel and grab a quick snack at the local OXXO, before heading up to Mike's Sky Ranch for night 1. The road up to Mike's is fast and fun, super high speed trails as we go through San Matis toward Mike's. After roughly 26ish miles of white knuckle hill climbing, we reach the famous Mike's Sky Ranch.
Day 2 Mike's to San Quintin (Old Mill Hotel)
We leave Mike's Sky Ranch, we descend down the back side, through the mountain range of Sierra de Pedro riding the slower paced and definitely more challenging terrain to El Coyote. From here we go over to Rancho Meling (depending on our hunger level it's possible we'll be stopping for lunch here) and as we leave Rancho Meling we travel on a good mix of race course, and well used roads. We descend down to the small town of Camalu located on Hwy 1, just north of San Quintin on the Pacific Ocean. Then we will head south for beach riding and checking out some of the amazing sights Baja has to offer. Our Pacific route will leave you breathless, as you watch the waves crashing just feet from your UTV. We make a quick stop for lunch, and a splash of gas, before proceeding through San Quintin . This is an extremely fast and enjoyable section of the road and will provide many great memories of your trip! We regroup, before leaving the beach and heading into the 'Old Mill Hotel' for night two.
Day 3 Old Mill to Horse Power Ranch
The next morning, bright and early we will enjoy a group breakfast at the Old Mill, then back on the trail for Day 3. From the Old Mill we will head back on to the beach going North and popping out in Vicente Guerrero for fuel. The North Pacific Beach route is beautiful and fast. There are many hazards along the route so keep your eyes looking far ahead and listen for those radio call outs. Remember there is local traffic and residents living here so when in a populated area slow it down to a snail's pace. This action packed day will have it all. Beach driving, rocks and yes, everyone's favorite the Baja Silt.... it's like the gift that keeps on giving. You've come all this way to Baja so you have to experience it, not to mention it makes for some great action pictures. Today's route will take us about 140 miles into Ensenada and up to Horse Power Ranch for night three.
Day 4 Enjoying Mexico at its Best
After a good night at Horse Power Ranch we will head out the next morning. We make our way North, back up to Tecate, enjoying some wide open, fast pine forest trails. Talk about fun! This route is approximately 90 miles offroad and will take us once again from Ojos Negros to Tecate. We stop for our famous group picture, then head to the border crossing in Tecate. We'll say our final good byes to Baja and cross back over the border into the USA……. Mission Accomplished, safe, sound and with lots of great memories of our trip!
This four day Baja UTV Adventure will leave you counting the days 'till your next Baja experience!!!
So what's included on this 4 day adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We will remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails right from the border every step of the way.
· The entire 3 day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your mandatory Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you will be encountering along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
Medical support personal on trail with us evey step of the trip
· On the trail certified Can Am And RZR Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! I can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
· Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
· Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
· Minimum of 2 or more spare belts.
· Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
· Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
· GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
· The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
· VHF radio. Handheld with helmet wire set up or mounted system.
**Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them.
WHAT WE & YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· Food and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
· Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
· Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
· Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
· Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$2400.00- includes 2 participants (you and your passenger)
All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff.
*To register for this event please fill out the info on the Right
-Additional Passengers $400.00
Note - Trails may change at time of event.
Questions please contact us... CONTACT