Driver and Passenger
This adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing where we will all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side behind the board crossing. This is a secure patrolled lot and you are able to leave your tow vehicle there for the weekend. Once we do a quick meet and greet and fuel up we'll cross the international boarder crossing together. Please note you must have current original registration and insurance for you UTV to get into Baja. (see links below)
Also we have change our return days to Monday. No boarder lines and no on trail traffic.
Day 1 Welcome to Baja.
Heading East through the Sierra Juarez Mountains our first trail will be roughly about 55 miles on entry level trials that will allow you to adapt to the Baja terrain. What starts out and mountain trail soon cascades into pine trees and fast windy trails that you’ll have your UTV flying through. We will come to our first stop of the day in a small Baja town of La Rumorosa. We will refuel in La Rumosoa and then descend down to Laguna Salada. This fast paced trail will lead us south word down the Baja Peninsula for about 80 miles. With just a quick stop to see the Salada we'll be back off. We will head over to Ojos Negros for a gas stop proceed down through Independencia to the first technical section of the trail the “Goat Trail” This slow paced technical trail is short but will let you see first hand what Baja can provide. The Goat Trail will put us right back on Hwy 3 and right into Vally de la Trinidad for our next Gas stop and lunch. With no time to waste we’ll make out way up to the legendary Mikes sky ranch in the Sierra San Pedro Martir Mountains. The mountains road up to Mikes is both breath taking and nail biting. With off camber cliffs looming at every sharp turn and the constant naturally formed high rise jumps and Mikes will soon be a Baja favorite.
UTV Baja Ride
Oct 2nd - 5th 2020
Day 2-'Even more fun,'
As we leave Mike's Sky Ranch, we will be descending down the back side of the Baja Peninsula. We will be riding on a good mix of race course, and well traveled roads, as we decent down to the Pacific Ocean. From there we will head south for amazing beach riding and checking out some of the amazing sights Baja has to offer. Our Pacific route will leave you breathless, as you watch the waves crashing just feet from your UTV. We then make a quick stop for lunch, and a splash of gas, before proceeding through San Quintin . This is an extremely fast and enjoyable section of the road and will provide many great memories of your trip! We will then regroup, before leaving the beach and heading into the 'Old Mill Hotel' for night two.
The next morning will start bright and early with a group breakfast at the Old Mill, then back on the trail for Day 3. From the Old Mill we will head back on to the beach and then into the mountains, traversing over the Vally T Crossover road and back into Vally T for fuel. If the thrill of drifting your UTV around corners and over stomach dropping crests is idea of a good time, the road up to Ojos is your kind of road. After we make the fast drifty drive up to Ojos we will then drive down to Horse Power Ranch enjoy a mouthwatering dinner and drinks with the group.
Day 4 -'Enjoying Mexico at its Best'
After a good nights sleep at 'Horse-Power Ranch', we will head out early the next morning. We will be making our way North, passing Laguna Hansen, and enjoying some wide open, fast pine forest trails. Talk about fun! Then about 45 miles into the trail, we will cut onto a new trail, that will weave its way over to the 'Compadre trail'. Then, it's back up to the main highway.
Suddenly, it's time for saying our final good byes to Baja and crossing back over the border into the USA. Mission Accomplished. Safe, sound and with lots of great memories of our trip!
This four day Baja UTV Adventure will be leaving you counting the days till your next Baja experience!!!
So what's included on this 4 day adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We will remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails right from the border every step of the way.
· The entire 3 day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your mandatory Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you will be encountering along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
· On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! I can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
· Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
· Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
· Minimum of 2 or more spare belt
· Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
· Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
· GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
· The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
· VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system.
**Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them.
WHAT WE & YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· Food and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
· Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
· Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
· Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
· Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$2300.00- includes 2 participants (you and your passenger)
All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff. Media coverage.
*To register for this event please fill out the info on the Right
-Additional Passengers $350.00
Note - Trails may change at time of event.
All routes are permitted by land owners of Baja. Off the GRID Expeditions
Questions please contact us...