Driver and Passenger
This adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing where we will all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side of the the board crossing. This is a secure patrolled lot and you are able to leave your tow vehicle there for the weekend. Early morning start as we depart for day one's destination the famous Mikes Sky Ranch. This 200 mile day will let you explore the amazing pine forest of Baja and down into the flat lower basin of the Baja deserts. We make a few fuel stops before heading up to night ones destination Mikes Sky Ranch. Day two we'll take the back roads down from Mike's to San Quintin. These trails are moderate passed and can sometimes be technical but are truly amazing to drive. Before long the Pacific Ocean will be on the horizon and before you know it we'll be driving on the beach into San Quintin. Day 3 we'll start our northern accent up the coast of Pacific Ocean back toward Ensenada some 150 miles of Baja's amazing coast line. We'll end day three in the mountains of Ensenada at Horse Power Ranch. Our last day in Baja will explore the mountains of Sierra Juarez as we head back toward Tecate and the starting point of this amazing adventure... All in this epic adventure will range about 580 + miles of offroad driving.
So what's included on this 4 day adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We will remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails right from the border every step of the way.
· The entire 3 day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your mandatory Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you will be encountering along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
· On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! I can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
· Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
· Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
· Minimum of 2 or more spare belt
· Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
· Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
· GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
· The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
· VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system.
**Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them.
WHAT WE & YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· Food and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
· Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
· Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
· Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
· Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$2300.00- includes 2 participants (you and your passenger)
All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff. Media coverage.
*To register for this event please fill out the info on the Right
-Additional Passengers $450.00
Note - Trails may change at time of event.
All routes are permitted by land owners of Baja. Off the GRID Expeditions
Questions please contact us...