7 Day 6 Night Baja Expedition
Lands End to the Main Land
UTV Baja Ride
Driver and Passenger
From Lands’ End to the Mainland, you're invited on this 1300 mile adventure up the Baja peninsula. That’s right... we will transport your UTV from Santa Ana, California to Cabo, where you will fly in and meet up at the Cabo Azul Hotel for pre expedition festivities. (Hotel in Cabo is not included in the trip cost but we will have a group rate set up) with our north bound expedition will be starting at 6am from Cabo. A few of the Conquistador Expeditions drivers will be joining us on this trip back up the Baja peninsula, completing the ultimate Ironman Baja round trip!!!
This 6 day 1300 mile expedition from Cabo to Cali is only open to 7 lucky UTV vehicles. Although you will have a mapped out GPS course to guide you, we will be venturing off the guided trail too, and exploring more of Baja's "hidden treasures” on this epic trip. Our Off The GRID Chase and Support Team will aid us along our adventure with remote fuel stops, parts and trailers. This expedition is more about the Baja adventure so if your the adventurous type and want to explore new trails, untouched beaches and challenge yourself like never before… this is the adventure for you!
UTV Prep at Cabo Azul (Hotel in Cabo is not included in the trip cost but we will have a group rate set up)
Day 1 leave Cabo and head over to the East Cape and North to La Paz. We will make a slight detour, and head over to visit the Bahia de Los Metros (Bay of Dreams.) This is when you plan your next life move to Paradise. Then we treat you to 170+ mile drive down the East Cape to Cabo. This is a fast-paced, drifting road, with some truly amazing architectural sights to see.
Day 2 La Paz to Loreto - Several places to see along the way on Day 2 the San Luis Gonzaga ruins and the Mission San Luis Gonzaga Chiriyaqui - the most southern of the missions - will be next to visit. Then we start the trail back over the peninsula to the historic San Javier Mission, where we do a small tour. As we leave the Mission, the trail slowly turns into a single- lane graded rock infested trail.
Day 3 Lareto to Scorpion Bay - After a hardy breakfast we will do a little sightseeing around the Conception Bay, take some group pictures, and get back on the super fast trail heading to one of the best surf spots in Baja, Scorpion Bay. Along the trail we cross the salt flats and some possible non-hazardous water crossing, before our lunch destination in Scorpion Bay. Do not dilly-dally, we have a long road ahead of us, driving down the Pacific Coast.
Day 4 Scorpion Bay Bay of LA - Traverse the trails and salt flats over into San Ignacio, located in the middle of the peninsula and surrounded by a lagoon-type tropical feeling. This is where the humidity starts to kick in, and a tropical part of Baja can be seen for a short while. The cross over the peninsula through El Arco and back over to the Cortez side and into Bay of LA.
Day 5 Bay of LA to San Felipe - Watching the sun rise over the Sea of Cortez will leave you breath less. Todays drive up through the sand washes and over to CoCo's Corner is a fun fast route. We will say a quick "HI" to CoCo then be off to San Felipe. The road North to San Felipe will consist of some paved and some off road section of the old Hwy 5.
Day 6 San Felipe to Tecate - Our last day but definitely no easy one. leaving San Felipe behind in our dust. We'll cross over the La Salads dry lake bed and through the washes up to Hwy 3 then over to Vally T for fuel. Our final leg of this trip will take us to the Tecate boarder crossing where our journey will end and your truck and trailer will be waiting for you.
So what's included on this UTV adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We will remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails right from the border every step of the way.
· The entire course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your mandatory Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you will be encountering along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
· On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! I can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
· Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
· Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
· Minimum of 2 or more spare belt
· Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
· Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
· GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
· The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
· VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system.
**Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them.
WHAT WE & YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· Food and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
· Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
· Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
· Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
· Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$5900.00- includes 2 participants (you and your passenger)
All accommodations for 7 days and 6 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff. Media coverage.
*To register for this event please fill out the info on the Right
-Additional Passengers Please Call
Questions please contact us...