4 Day 3 Night
Driver and Passenger
UTV Baja Ride
Method Race Wheels presents our 3nd annual Baja Expedition for UTV off road vehicles. This organized event will cover over 500 miles of Baja’s finest trails and over a wide range of scenic terrain, that will leave you breathless. Method Race Wheels is proud to host an industry event like this in Baja, to share one of the last true off road frontiers.
This 3 day, 2 night adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing where we will all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side behind the board crossing. This is a secure lot and you are able to leave your tow vehicle there for the weekend. Once we complete registration and have a quick drivers meeting we will cross the international boarded crossing together. Please note you must have current original registration and insurance for you UTV to get into Baja. (see links below)
Day 1 Welcome to Baja.
With just a short Highway drive (approximately 10 miles), we will hit the dirt and be on the trail. The first day’s trail will lead us through the Sierra De Juarez mountain range. This is some of the most spectacular scenery in Baja. From Pine forests to desert oasis, this route will not disappoint. Our destination for Day 1 will be the beautiful Horse Power Ranch, in Ensenada. When we arrive we will enjoy drinks, indulge in a nice dinner and share some great stories from out on the trail.
The next morning will start bright and early with a group breakfast at HPR, then back on the trail for Day 2. From HPR we will head back into the mountains, traversing over to Valley Trinidad. This is a planned refueling/ lunch stop before climbing the mountains to our destination for Day 2… the legendary Mike's Sky Ranch. If the thrill of drifting your UTV around corners and over stomach dropping crests is idea of a good time, the road up to Mike's is your kind of road. After we make the white knuckle drive up to Mike's we will once again enjoy a mouthwatering dinner and drinks with the group.
Our last day of this amazing journey will start with a group breakfast and trail meeting. As we leave Mike’s Sky Ranch, we will be heading back through the desert and mountains of Sierra De Juarez, ending back at the Tecate border crossing.
So what's included on this 3 day adventure?
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up, drive and take the true experience of Baja in. We remove the "what if" factor from your adventure.
· Guided trails from the border every step of the way.
· The entire 3 day course has been pre run and mapped so that you will be able to view the trail on your Lowrance GPS unit.
· Hotel accommodations for all nights.
· Breakfast and dinner, all nights.
· Unsurpassed trail support. With our mechanics on the trail your mechanical problem is a thing of the past.
· A lead UTV will guide the group. The lead UTV will radio back any potential hazards that you may encounter along the way.
· A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
· On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
· Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers. (We still require you to carry your own specialized parts for you own UTV.)
· The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels and tires as well as emergency fuel and medical equipment baring any insentient along the way.
· Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
· First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
· Good attitude, this is a must!!! We can assure you along the way we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
Minimum of 1 spare tire. A second can be carried on the chase truck for you.
Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
Minimum of 2 spare belt
Helmets wired to radio via intercom. This is mandatory. At the speeds these UTV's can get going you will have no time to fumble around looking for you hand held radio mic.
GPS and Radio with Intercoms. Mandatory
The GPS used are the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
·VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system.
Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
Lunch and drinks. You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
Gas. We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. On some expeditions additional gas will need to be carried. We will notify you via pre event email if you need to carry the additional 5 to 10 gallons of gas.
Cash, small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
Passports and Drivers licenses. You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
Insurance. You will need insurance for your UTV. We will provide the link to the insurance company after you have signed up. There is a discount rate set up.
** Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have valid documents with them.
$1800- includes 2 participants (Driver and Passenger)
All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Mechanics and support staff. Media coverage.
-Additional Passenger $250.00
* To register for this event please fill out the form above.
Ready to go Off The Grid?