UTV Transportation Info
UTV Transportation Explained
UTV Transportation South and North on the Baja peninsula. Customer owned UTV's only (Not Rental units)
Transporting UTV's either to the start of a fly in event or retuning them back up north after a full peninsula trip can be quite confusing so here it is explained.
Transporting the UTV's from Cabo to Tecate on the Mexican side of the boarder takes about 3 days so from our arrival date in Cabo the transporters are loaded with you UTV and leave right away. (ex. arrive in Cabo on Friday, UTV's arrive in Tecate on Monday afternoon) So this gives us 3 days in Cabo to enjoy our selves.
1. California starting trips - On any expedition that starts in Tecate your are responsible for getting you UTV to the USA secure parking lot in Tecate. The secure parking lot is where we meet the morning of any trip starting in California. Your tow truck and trailer is safe here while we conquer the Baja peninsula. (transport services are available if UTV is being shipped in from out of state)
2. Remote fly in trips - Remote fly in trips (Baja Sur Loreto fly in, Pirate Fly in Trips) or any trip starting somewhere down the Baja peninsula. Your are responsible for getting you UTV to Off the GRID Expeditions in Santa Ana CA on the designated date before the trip starts. This allows us to transport the UTV's to the starting location days before you arrive.
3. Once we have completed the expedition your UTV will then be transported from Cabo and back up to Tecate on the Mexican side this is where you have 2 options.
- Option 1 - Once arriving in Cabo we'll stay in Cabo for 3 days, on the 3rd day we fly together via (commercial airliner) from Cabo to Tijuana (this info is given out pryer to the expedition so flight's can all be booked on the same flight time) and shuttle over to meet the transport truck in Tecate MX. Once unloaded you drive your UTV back over the boarder in Tecate and straight to you tow vehicle just like on any Northern ending trips we do..
- Option 2 - Off the GRID Expeditions can import you UTV back to the USA and bring it back to the headquarters in Santa Ana CA for you to pick up...Their is a fee assiciated with this FYI. If this is the only option for you here is what is needed. Import paper work (we'll take care of it we just need a copy of your registration, Passport and Drivers License) Notarized declaration giving us permission to transport international
Once you UTV is at our headquarters in CA you have 2 days to pick it up or $150.00 dollars a day storage fee will be added.
Off the GRID Expeditions, best know for their extreme multi day - multi mile UTV tours, has grown into one of the most critically acclaimed tour operators in Baja. Perhaps best known for their off the beaten path- aka (off the grid)- fast passed adventures and luxurious destinations, you simply just can’t find this in a tour book. This company is as real as it gets!
First class tier one tour operators guide you every mile while certified mechanics and paramedics bring up the tail end of the pack. Fully outfitted Ford Chase trucks are in constant communication with MSAT satellite radios and are completely stocked with parts, tools, trailers and ice cold beverages. The crew call themselves the Baja Pirates, but don’t be fooled -these are true professionals and their passion for operating the premier off road tour business in Baja really shows.
The average tour is 3 to 4 days and over 600 miles. Some 8 day tours go beyond the 1700 mile range. The terrain changes day to day or even hour to hour as you wind your way back and forth down the Baja peninsula. Even with the adrenaline pumping, off-road driving, we still plan time to stop and enjoy the remote hidden treasures of what only years of exploring Baja shows. Crossing the peninsula from the Pacific Ocean to the Sea of Cortez almost a dozen times, we really get to experience this truly majestic land and the people. It’s no surprise this company is loved by the locals. If you are the off road adventurous type and are looking for a trip that will leave you with stories for 10 life times then this is it. The adventure white knuckle driving, the camaraderie, the destinations and the crew aka Baja Pirates that will truly let you “explore beyond your limits” is what makes this the ultimate Off Road adventure package.